Old 12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Tom Poe

Default news to me: yum doesn't recognize --force option

# yum install libdv-1.0.0.0-1.fc6 --force
usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info,
search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Command line error: no such option: --force

What is this? Any help appreciated.
Happy Holidays, Tom

Old 12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 16/12/2007, Tom Poe <tompoe@fngi.net> wrote:
> # yum install libdv-1.0.0.0-1.fc6 --force
> usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
> resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
> shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info,
> search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >
>
> Command line error: no such option: --force
>
> What is this? Any help appreciated.

What makes you think that Yum offers such an option?

Old 12-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Tom Poe

Michael Schwendt wrote:

# yum install libdv-1.0.0.0-1.fc6 --force
usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, groupupdate, info,
search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Command line error: no such option: --force

What is this? Any help appreciated.

What makes you think that Yum offers such an option?

Forgive me. I was looking at rpm --help and confused meself with
thinking I was looking at yum.

Happy Holidays, Tom