Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Przemyslaw Gawronski

Default Updating FC6->FC7 (later to F8)

Hi, after upgrading FC5 to FC6 it was time to go for FC7. After yum
clean and checking if there are now /etc/yum.repo.d/*.rpm{new|save|..} I
did: yum update rpm* yum* and that gave me this error:

Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package authconfig
Error: Missing Dependency: db4 = 4.3.29-9.fc6 is needed by package db4-utils

Thanks for suggestions on how to continue with the upgrade!

Przemek
--
AIKIDO TANREN DOJO - Poland - Warsaw - Mokotow - Ursynow - Natolin
info: http://tanren.pl/ phone:+48501516666 mailto:dojo@tanren.pl

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Craig White

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 02:14 +0100, Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> Hi, after upgrading FC5 to FC6 it was time to go for FC7. After yum
> clean and checking if there are now /etc/yum.repo.d/*.rpm{new|save|..} I
> did: yum update rpm* yum* and that gave me this error:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package authconfig
> Error: Missing Dependency: db4 = 4.3.29-9.fc6 is needed by package db4-utils
>
> Thanks for suggestions on how to continue with the upgrade!
----
try doing a single...

yum upgrade

Craig

Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Przemyslaw Gawronski

> try doing a single...

> yum upgrade

Well it did go a little further, but failed anyway:

--> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: authconfig
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Old 12-16-2007, 11:14 AM
"Michael Schwendt"

On 16/12/2007, Przemyslaw Gawronski <pgg@tanren.pl> wrote:
> > try doing a single...
>
> > yum upgrade
>
> Well it did go a little further, but failed anyway:
>
> --> Processing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 for package: authconfig
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package authconfig

Show what you've got:

rpm --query authconfig
yum list authconfig

Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Przemyslaw Gawronski

Dnia Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 01:14:37PM +0100, Michael Schwendt napisaƂ:
> Show what you've got:

> rpm --query authconfig
> yum list authconfig

After all I've managed to upgrade. I had to remove authconfig,
authconifg-gtk and firstboot-tui. These packages got installed any way
when I did a yum update.

Thanks for attention.

Przemek