Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 PM
William Case

Default rescue.iso won't rescue

Hi;

I am about to install F8. I used a bittorrent download to get the
Fedora-8-x86_64 DVD package. When I try to use Nautilus to burn the
rescue.iso to a CD so that I can do a hard disk install, Nautilus keeps
asking me to insert a CD with at least 103 mb. I have. I have tried
several different CDs.

When I installed F7, I had the same problem. I ended up burning the
rescue disk with xcdroast. I am sure I can do the same now after
downloading and installing xcdroast, or I can probably use my F7 rescue
disk.

But, does anybody have suggestions on why Nautilus won't burn the iso
disk. It burns other stuff.

--
Regards Bill

Old 12-16-2007, 03:54 AM
William Case

Hi;

In case someone has the same problem.

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 18:40 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>

> When I installed F7, I had the same problem. I ended up burning the
> rescue disk with xcdroast. I am sure I can do the same now after
> downloading and installing xcdroast, or I can probably use my F7 rescue
> disk.

F7 rescue doesn't work. It wants to install from 6 CDs not 1 DVD.iso on
the hard disk.

Tried GnomeBaker instead of xcdroast and it burnt the rescue.iso to CD.

After that, a nice sweet install.

--
Regards Bill