Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Missing font server?

Seems that I am missing the font server (:7100) from my
F8 installation or was that taken out by xorg?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Tom Horsley

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:25:18 -0800
"Daniel B. Thurman" <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Seems that I am missing the font server (:7100) from my
> F8 installation or was that taken out by xorg?

I see there is an xorg-x11-xfs rpm in the fedora repo, so
you could install it if you need it, but the native X server
running on the local display isn't configured to use a
font server anymore, so you'd only need it if other apps
somewhere needed access to a font server (like nxclient
connecting from a windows box).

Old 12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
John Summerfield

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Seems that I am missing the font server (:7100) from my
F8 installation or was that taken out by xorg?

I think it was taken out by RH/Fedora. I think the decision is that it
doesn't add anything.

OTOH the message is only a warning; knowing it's not a problem it can be
ignored.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Marc Wilson

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:25:18PM -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Seems that I am missing the font server (:7100) from my
> F8 installation or was that taken out by xorg?

Since it's actually in the F8 release notes (couldn't be bothered to read
them?) that xfs is no longer installed....

--
Marc Wilson | appears to be a Slow/Narrow SCSI-0 Interface problem
msw@cox.net |