Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Simon Andrews

Default F8: NetworkManager + Static IP +Wifi

Fujisan wrote:
I upgraded from F7 to F8 recently and I noticed some changes in the
behaviour of NetworkManager.
While I did not have this problem in F7, in F8 NM cannot find my static
IP address and finds one by DHCP which is 169.254.59.61
<http://169.254.59.61>.

The version of Network Manager in the F8 release doesn't yet support
static IP addresses. I believe this is being actively worked on and a
fix which includes this functionality is likely to be put out as a F8
update in the near future:

http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46985&start=0

Simon.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 12:14 +0000, Simon Andrews wrote:
> Fujisan wrote:
> > I upgraded from F7 to F8 recently and I noticed some changes in the
> > behaviour of NetworkManager.
> > While I did not have this problem in F7, in F8 NM cannot find my static
> > IP address and finds one by DHCP which is 169.254.59.61
> > <http://169.254.59.61>.
>
> The version of Network Manager in the F8 release doesn't yet support
> static IP addresses. I believe this is being actively worked on and a
> fix which includes this functionality is likely to be put out as a F8
> update in the near future:
>
> http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46985&start=0
>
> Simon.

The F7 version of NM 0.6.5 did not support static addresses either so I
am little mystified by the statement made above by the OP.