Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
"Colin Brace"

Default missing -dev packages

Hi all,

I went to compile the latest unstable tarball of easytag this evening,
but the configure script appears to indicate I am missing the
necessary header files for ogg, mp3, id3 support and the like.

In the past, this has simply been a matter of downloading the
corresponding -dev files, ie, libogg-dev. But a search with yum
doesn't turn them up? I have the usual repos activated. What am I
missing?

Thanks.

--
Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Old 12-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Todd Zullinger

Colin Brace wrote:
> I went to compile the latest unstable tarball of easytag this evening,
> but the configure script appears to indicate I am missing the
> necessary header files for ogg, mp3, id3 support and the like.
>
> In the past, this has simply been a matter of downloading the
> corresponding -dev files, ie, libogg-dev. But a search with yum
> doesn't turn them up? I have the usual repos activated. What am I
> missing?

The fedora easytag spec lists these BuildRequires:

BuildRequires: gtk2-devel >= 2.4.0, id3lib-devel >= 3.7.12
BuildRequires: libvorbis-devel >= 1.0, flac-devel, libmp4v2-devel, wavpack-devel
BuildRequires: gettext

The fedora package removes the libmpg123 dir from the easytag sources,
for everyone's favorite reason: potential patent problems. If you're
building with that included still, you may need some other packages as
well.

The easytag site lists libid3tag as a requirement, so I'd probably
look to install libid3tag-devel (available in the fedora repository).