Old 12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
"Sam Tregar"

Default Flash audio problem in F8

Hey all.* Has anyone figured out how to get the Flash plugin to cooperate with other Linux audio programs in F8?* Specifically it would be great to be able to listen to music with Audacious and still hear sounds from Flash.* Right now having either active makes the other unable to access the sound card.* I tried removing the ALSA pulseaudio plugin, but that didn't help.

I'm using the latest Flash plugin with the latest Firefox.* In Audacious I'm using the ALSA plugin, but it doesn't work with OSS or ESD either.

Thanks for the help.

-sam

Old 12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
"Sam Tregar"

Hey all.* Has anyone figured out how to get the Flash plugin to cooperate with other Linux audio programs in F8?* Specifically it would be great to be able to listen to music with Audacious and still hear sounds from Flash.* Right now having either active makes the other unable to access the sound card.* I tried removing the ALSA pulseaudio plugin, but that didn't help.

I'm using the latest Flash plugin with the latest Firefox.* In Audacious I'm using the ALSA plugin, but it doesn't work with OSS or ESD either.
I just noticed that it does work to use Xine and Flash at the same time.* Any idea how I can fix Audacious to work as well?* Xine is also configured to use ALSA, so it doesn't seem to be a matter of driver choice.

-sam

*

Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Craig White

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 13:49 -0500, Sam Tregar wrote:
> Hey all. Has anyone figured out how to get the Flash plugin to
> cooperate with other Linux audio programs in F8? Specifically it
> would be great to be able to listen to music with Audacious and still
> hear sounds from Flash. Right now having either active makes the
> other unable to access the sound card. I tried removing the ALSA
> pulseaudio plugin, but that didn't help.
>
> I'm using the latest Flash plugin with the latest Firefox. In
> Audacious I'm using the ALSA plugin, but it doesn't work with OSS or
> ESD either.
>
> Thanks for the help.
----
yum install libflashsupport