Old 12-15-2007, 09:52 AM
William Case

Default Bash --- columns problem ??

Hi;

I am having a bit of a brain cramp.

I have a text file with 1100 one word lines in it. I would like to
transpose that file into a three column text file reducing it from 23
pages to 8 pages before printing. I did something similar from the
command line over a year ago, but for the life of me I can't remember
how. I do remember that it was simple at the time.

I have tried every possible combination I can think of with grep |
column.

If this problem is familiar to someone could they just point me; tickle
my memory?

--
Regards Bill