Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Simon Slater

Default Sendmail takes ages to start at bootup

Hi all,

Just a question to satisfy my curiosity. When booting sendmail takes
a very long time to start. This happens in FC6 but even longer in F7 on
a new laptop. I'm watching it now and its been 7 minutes so far. Done!
Sendmail finished in 9 minutes and now sm-client ... is ... finished
in ... 4 minutes. The rest boots quite quickly, less than 2 minutes for
everything else. All mail is done through another box. This is not a
problem, allows plenty of time to make some tea and get a slice of cake.

--
Regards
Simon