-   -   openoffice.org to PDF with input fields (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/19930-openoffice-org-pdf-input-fields.html)

Craig White 12-15-2007 02:37 AM

openoffice.org to PDF with input fields

It seems like it's all built in and should work but it's not working for
me and perhaps I am missing something obvious.

I start a new document in openoffice.org (Fedora 7 - OOo 2.3.0)

Insert => Fields => Other

Functions => Input Field
Reference (enter Text1)
Insert (click OK)

input field shows on page

Export as PDF => standard options but I'll list the checkboxes that I
have checked...
Tagged PDF
Export Notes
Export Bookmarks
Create PDF Form
submit format (FDF)
Export automatically inserted blank pages
On Security tab, I have nothing checked

OK - name it, save it, open it with Adobe Reader 7.0.9, can't click or
enter the field at all.

It works fine with the file I created with Acrobat on my Windows system
(I can enter and edit fields).

Am I crazy? Does this work for someone? Am I doing something wrong?

I ask because the documentation makes it clear that this should work.

Craig

Craig White 12-15-2007 09:01 PM

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 20:37 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> It seems like it's all built in and should work but it's not working for
> me and perhaps I am missing something obvious.
>
> I start a new document in openoffice.org (Fedora 7 - OOo 2.3.0)
>
> Insert => Fields => Other
>
> Functions => Input Field
> Reference (enter Text1)
> Insert (click OK)
>
> input field shows on page
>
> Export as PDF => standard options but I'll list the checkboxes that I
> have checked...
> Tagged PDF
> Export Notes
> Export Bookmarks
> Create PDF Form
> submit format (FDF)
> Export automatically inserted blank pages
> On Security tab, I have nothing checked
>
> OK - name it, save it, open it with Adobe Reader 7.0.9, can't click or
> enter the field at all.
>
> It works fine with the file I created with Acrobat on my Windows system
> (I can enter and edit fields).
>
> Am I crazy? Does this work for someone? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> I ask because the documentation makes it clear that this should work.
----
not that I got any traction on this but the answer was that it's not...

Insert Fields => Other => Input Fields
it's
View => Form Controls => Pick button and configure

Duh

Craig