Old 12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Jens

Default Fedora 8, GRUB hide / unhide

It seems like something changed in grub since Fedora 7.
I have a setup in grub.conf including following lines:

title WinSystem (2)
hide (hd0,0)
unhide (hd0,1)
rootnoverify (hd0,1)
makeactive
chainloader +1

It worked well in Fedora 7, but I get error 22 (partition not found)
using hide/unhide in F8. It works without hide/unhide.
I have 2 M(es)S partitions, so I need hide/unhide. The version of Grub
changed from F7 to F8, so I believe there is a bug.
any solutions or workarounds ?

/Jens