Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Richi Plana

Default PulseAudio and Network Audio Devices

Hi,

Now that PulseAudio's been in F8 a while, how do I actually use one of
its touted features, namely transferring audio output to another
pulseaudio-enabled computer?

I've two F8 machines on the network where PA seems to run fine on each
desktop. At least audio comes out through PA as shown by pavucontrol. I
can't, however, see each other (as was demoed by Lennart in one of his
videos). Other than pavucontrol, I don't even know how else to interact
with the PA daemon.

I just want to start off by being able to hear audio from another room,
even if discovery of each device isn't zeroconf.
--

Richi Plana