-   -   : F8 Network Woe (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/19565-f8-network-woe.html)

Aaron Konstam 12-14-2007 01:38 PM

: F8 Network Woe

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:13 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Aaron Konstam:
>
> Tim:
> >> I don't recall seeing a message stating what was the true cause of the
> >> rejection.
>
> Aaron Konstam:
> > When the OP ran service network restart
> > it would not restart getting an error that that ip address was already
> > in use. That means to me that the ip address could not be asigned to the
> > machine in question.
>
> To the *interface* in question... But anyway, I've already read that,
> and it doesn't really address the first two quoted paragraphs above your
> reply (the "why" and a proper "resolution").
>
> By the way, who's c: erappy client made the subject line go "Re: Re: Re:"?
I agree tha innerface is the coorrect word. It is also true that we have
not solved the originall question but the problem has been circumvented
by choosing a different ip.

Yourmail client must be among those who resulted in the Re: Re: subject
line. Actually it was caused by someone forwarding instead of replying.