Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 AM
"Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen"

Default (fedora) help with screen resolution

Jan Brosius <jan.brosius@skynet.be> wrote on 14-DEC-2007 00:40:54.68

>I use fedora 8. Just to play I changed my screen resolution from
>1280x1024 to 1280x800. I logged out, logged in again (now with
>resolution 1280x800) and then I wanted to change again to 1280x1024 but
>I saw that this was impossible. I only get 1280x800 as highest possible
>choice. How can I restore my screen resolution to 1280x1024.
I had the same on my laptop yesterday. I solved it by editing the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and added the 1280x1024 as first parameter of the
"modes line" in the "screen" section.
After this you have to restart the X-server (i.e. by loging-off .. logon)

Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd