Old 12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
"Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen"

Default vpnc rekeying problem

Boris Glawe <public@boris-glawe.de> wrote on 12-DEC-2007 20:34:22.26

>> P.S. vpnc does not work for me since
>> -After 8.5 hours it fails. Probably due to rekeying at the server
>>

>Which version of vpnc do you use?
>vpnc can rekey since version 0.4. In later version some issues
>cerncering rekeying were fixed.
>
>I'm successfully using the current subversion version of vpnc
>
>svn co http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk
>cd trunk
>make install
>
>This bundle contains a skript, which converts cisco-vpn configuration
>files into vpnc files!

The latest version in Fedora (vpnc-0.5.1-2.fc8) still quits after exactly
8.5 hours when I connect to my university. 8.5 hours is the time set on the
server to do the rekeying. So the problems with rekeying are not solved in
this version.

Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd