-   -   "No items in Trash" is lying to you (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/1919-no-items-trash-lying-you.html)

Ric Moore 11-21-2007 06:30 AM

"No items in Trash" is lying to you

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 02:11 -0500, David Boles wrote:

> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 09:17 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> > Huh, running KDE and FC7 mine reports 28 items when I hover the icon.
> > Ric
>

> If I remember correctly (I don't/have not used this for a long time)
> the 'items' in Trash are only 'removed' from their original 'places' and
> are still 'there/here'. And can actually be restored. As it is done in
> the Windows Recycle Bin. You have to 'empty' the trashcan to actually
> erase the files. *If* they still show up after that??? Don't know/can't say.
>
> Can't say for KDE but an 'erase instead of trash' option is available in
> GNOME. And the 'Trash Can' appears to be empty.
>
> Maybe KDE sux?? ;-)

HA! And to think I was just agreeing with you on the Mandrake list!! My
trashcan works just like I want it to. I can trash stuff, but have a
chance to change my mind. Nice! KDE rulz. ;) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

"Mike Morraye" 11-21-2007 08:05 AM

"No items in Trash" is lying to you

Perhaps there should be

"Mike Morraye" 11-21-2007 08:12 AM

"No items in Trash" is lying to you

I'm sorry.
Pressed Tab, Enter by mistake. (gmail)

>>Perhaps there should be
some delta programming way, as they do in databases and mac TimeMachine (not sure about TimeMachine)
But then in the Trash Can.

Imagine, some way to just scroll back in time and see your trash can fill up again, after putting it on your lawn.

*