-   -   FC7-x86_64, NDISWRAPPER, IPN-2220, WPA-PSK (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/19063-fc7-x86_64-ndiswrapper-ipn-2220-wpa-psk.html)

Janardana Deva 12-13-2007 06:51 PM

FC7-x86_64, NDISWRAPPER, IPN-2220, WPA-PSK

Hi All,
Has anyone been able to bring up the Inprocomm wireless
interface (built-in to laptop mobo) using a winxp/64bit driver,
ndiswrapper and FC7 x86_64, using wpa-psk encryption?

If so, could you please share with the world
1. the windows driver
2. your wpa_supplicant.conf file
3. the steps to execute to make it happen

Thanx in advance,

Jago

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!

John Summerfield 12-13-2007 09:00 PM

Janardana Deva wrote:

Hi All,
Has anyone been able to bring up the Inprocomm wireless
interface (built-in to laptop mobo) using a winxp/64bit driver,
ndiswrapper and FC7 x86_64, using wpa-psk encryption?

If so, could you please share with the world
1. the windows driver
2. your wpa_supplicant.conf file
3. the steps to execute to make it happen

Before I even tried, I'd want to know more about the card.
What does lspci show?

If I can find a native Linux driver, that's what I would expect to use.
Last I looked, ndiswrapper offered less than complete functionality.

Did you ask google?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=active&sa=X&oi=spell&res num=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=IPN2220+Inprocomm&spell=1

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Janardana Deva 12-13-2007 11:44 PM

FC7-x86_64, NDISWRAPPER, IPN-2220, WPA-PSK

Hello John,
And thank you for responding.
I did check the google search urls you appended to your message,
but for some strange reason (perhaps due to the browser's session ID
embedded in the URL), both links yield a blank page.

The card was built by a now defunct company named Inprocomm.
The model number is IPN-2220.
This chipset went into many cheap wireless cards. In my case, it
is embedded into the notebook's mobo.
The mobo has AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (not exactly blazingly fast).
I was able to locate the Acer winXP-64 bit driver for this chipset
and finally got it to work.
It turns out that what I was doing wrong was:

# wpa_supplicant -dd -K -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dndiswrapper -w

After I changed -Dndiswrapper to -Dwext, all went well.

Initial connection was at 1 mb/s. After a while (probably due to more
handshaking) speed went up to 54 megabits/s

All is very well now indeed.

If anyone else is having this problem, I will be glad
to share all the necessary info.

Thanks again!

Jago

*