Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM
"Dan McCullough"

Default email server appliance

Looking for a low cost/small business solution for email, I've been
all over google and I really can't find any that dont seem to be
enterprise edition systems.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Les Mikesell

Dan McCullough wrote:

Looking for a low cost/small business solution for email, I've been
all over google and I really can't find any that dont seem to be
enterprise edition systems.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

SME server (http://www.contribs.org) should work for anything small
enough to add all the users through a web interface. It's more than an
email server but you can use the rest or not. You aren't likely to find
anything easier to manage as long as you don't need to do additional
customization.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Teo Fonrouge

On Thursday 13 December 2007 11:27:55 am Dan McCullough wrote:
> Looking for a low cost/small business solution for email, I've been
> all over google and I really can't find any that dont seem to be
> enterprise edition systems.
> Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Take a look to:

http://ravencore.com

It is a hosting control panel that allows you to easily setup/admin the tools
needed to run a email server ( postfix, dovecot, squirrelmail, phpmyadmin,
clamav, spamassassin ).

Provides nice web interfaces to do the setup/admin tasks and is based in PHP &
Perl scripting.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge

Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
John Summerfield

Les Mikesell wrote:

Dan McCullough wrote:

Looking for a low cost/small business solution for email, I've been
all over google and I really can't find any that dont seem to be
enterprise edition systems.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

SME server (http://www.contribs.org) should work for anything small
enough to add all the users through a web interface. It's more than an
email server but you can use the rest or not. You aren't likely to find
anything easier to manage as long as you don't need to do additional
customization.

clarkconnect is my favourite.

If you're happy to use Debian, google for stuff including the word
perfect, there's a howto site that uses "perfect" in its description.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=perfect+email+server&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This is fourth:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8100

I don't think all the documents specify debian, but many do.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait