Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 AM
wwp

Default libstdc++.so.5 on F8 x86-64

Hello Jouk,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:39:48 +0100 (MET) "Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" <joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install the Intel-fortran compiler on my F8 x86-64 system. It
> seems that this compiler needs libstdc++.so.5, while libstdc++.so.6 is on
> the system. Just sym-linking does not work since the libs seem not to be
> compatible. Is there a way to get this libstdc++.so.5 on my system?

Here it was:
# yum install compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-62

wwp

Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 AM
wwp

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:48:07 +0100 wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Jouk,
>

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:39:48 +0100 (MET) "Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" <joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the Intel-fortran compiler on my F8 x86-64 system. It
> > seems that this compiler needs libstdc++.so.5, while libstdc++.so.6 is on
> > the system. Just sym-linking does not work since the libs seem not to be
> > compatible. Is there a way to get this libstdc++.so.5 on my system?
>
> Here it was:
> # yum install compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-62

Er.. what did I say! It's:
# yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i386

wwp

Old 12-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Jim Cornette

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the Intel-fortran compiler on my F8 x86-64 system. It
seems that this compiler needs libstdc++.so.5, while libstdc++.so.6 is on
the system. Just sym-linking does not work since the libs seem not to be
compatible. Is there a way to get this libstdc++.so.5 on my system?

Jouk

You need the compat-libstdc++-33 library. Symlinking usually fails. Not
that I have ever counted out that option though.

Jim

--
You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
-- Eugene Ionesco