Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Antonio Montagnani

Default For Siva: Red Hat News

Sivanageswararao Takkellapati ha scritto / said the following il
giorno/on 13/12/2007 08:31:

hi,
This is siva. My system is Dell Optiplex GX280. Operating system is
Linux Fedora Core2. My problem is sound card detected but sound is
not play what is the problem.

sound card: snd-intel8x0. What can i do Pl help me ASAP.

Thanks,
Siva

Gene Heskett wrote:
very easy answer: update to most recent Fedora(I am running same
hardware with no issue...)

And please do not other threads.

--
Antonio Montagnani

Old 12-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Sivanageswararao Takkellapati

Gene Heskett:
Which os you need install in your system. Pl help me how to enable sound
card in FC2 ASAP.

Thanks,
Siva

Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Sudheer Satyanarayana

Sivanageswararao Takkellapati wrote:

Gene Heskett:
Which os you need install in your system. Pl help me how to enable
sound card in FC2 ASAP.

Try Fedora 8 OS.

Siva, Fedora Core 2 is not supported anymore, officially. The current
releases of Fedora are Fedora 7 and Fedora 8. The best way to fix your
problem is to update to the latest Fedora release. You can obtain Fedora
8 from http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora. Download an ISO, burn it to
a DVD and install it on your computer. Fedora 8 will most likely detect
your sound card. I also recommend you to read more about Fedora at
http://fedoraproject.org/.

Thanks,
Siva

Gene Heskett wrote:
very easy answer: update to most recent Fedora(I am running same
hardware with no issue...)

And please do not other threads.

--
Thanks and regards,

Sudheer Satyanarayana
http://binaryvibes.co.in

Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Gene Heskett

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Sivanageswararao Takkellapati wrote:
>Gene Heskett:
>Which os you need install in your system. Pl help me how to enable sound
>card in FC2 ASAP.
>
>Thanks,
>Siva
>
>Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>> Sivanageswararao Takkellapati ha scritto / said the following il
>>
>> giorno/on 13/12/2007 08:31:
>>> hi,
>>> This is siva. My system is Dell Optiplex GX280. Operating system is
>>> Linux Fedora Core2. My problem is sound card detected but sound is
>>> not play what is the problem.
>>> sound card: snd-intel8x0. What can i do Pl help me ASAP.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Siva
>>>

>>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> very easy answer: update to most recent Fedora(I am running same
>> hardware with no issue...)
>> And please do not other threads.

Your quoting seems to broken, I didn't write those particular words.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 12-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Gene Heskett

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
>Sivanageswararao Takkellapati wrote:
>> Gene Heskett:
>> Which os you need install in your system. Pl help me how to enable
>> sound card in FC2 ASAP.

And again, the quoting above is broken, I didn't write that.