Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Setting up VNC

I guess I am really having a hard time setting up VNC on
F8 as I had successfully done on FC4.

I had followed the notes contained in this link:
_http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2005-March/049889.html

Seems that I am was able to connect to the vnc-server sockets
but then after a time, I started getting a Tight-Vnc error:

ReadExact: Socket error while reading.

The reason I liked this specific setup was that I was able to choose
the specific screen sizes I'd like and that this Vnc server was always
available as sockets.

I did try to use the VncServer setup 'out of the box' but I was having
problems figuring how to make it work so I went back to the way I
did it on FC4.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the proper way
to set up VNC servers for F8?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.