Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
John Wendel

Default Red Hat News

Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?

"Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."

Regards,

John

Old 12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Craig White

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 14:54 -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?
>
> "Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
> to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
> music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."
----
link?

Craig

Old 12-12-2007, 10:12 PM
"Arthur Pemberton"

On Dec 12, 2007 5:02 PM, Craig White <craig@tobyhouse.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 14:54 -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> > Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?
> >
> > "Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
> > to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
> > music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."
> ----
> link?
>
> Craig

http://redmondmag.com/reports/article.asp?EditorialsID=624

Take note of the vagueness

( www.pembo13.com )

Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Craig White

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:12 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 5:02 PM, Craig White <craig@tobyhouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 14:54 -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> > > Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?
> > >
> > > "Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
> > > to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
> > > music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."
> > ----
> > link?
> >
> > Craig
>

> http://redmondmag.com/reports/article.asp?EditorialsID=624
>
> Take note of the vagueness
----
I guess I don't get it...

Red Hat just released 5.1, 4.6 and obviously Fedora 8 was on track.

Did I miss something?

Craig

Old 12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
John Wendel

Craig White wrote:

Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?

"Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."

----
link?

Craig

Sorry (lazy me)

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSN1149866820071211?sp=true

Regards,

John

Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Karl Larsen

John Wendel wrote:

Craig White wrote:

Interesting, I wonder which utilities they're talking about?

"Red Hat officials said they were postponing the release once again
to give the company time to resolve issues with rights to distribute
music and video-playing utilities with its operating system."

----
link?

Craig

Sorry (lazy me)

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSN1149866820071211?sp=true

Regards,

John

What version were they to offer? It's not a Fedora issue is it? F9 I
thought would be later.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Gene Heskett

On Wednesday 12 December 2007, Craig White wrote:
>On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:12 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>> > ----
>> > link?
>> >
>> > Craig
>>
>> http://redmondmag.com/reports/article.asp?EditorialsID=624
>>
>> Take note of the vagueness
>
>----
>I guess I don't get it...
>
>Red Hat just released 5.1, 4.6 and obviously Fedora 8 was on track.
>
>Did I miss something?
>
>Craig

I took note of the address, and figured, seeing as how I can be damned
paranoid about anything Redmond related, assumed it was an in-house machine
at M$, spewing its usual FUD & total missinfo. Possibly even contaminated by
satire.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
John Wendel

Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
then you win.” Gandhi

Regards,

John

Old 12-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Gene Heskett

On Wednesday 12 December 2007, John Wendel wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> ----
>>> I guess I don't get it...
>>>
>>> Red Hat just released 5.1, 4.6 and obviously Fedora 8 was on track.
>>>
>>> Did I miss something?
>>>
>>> Craig
>>
>> I took note of the address, and figured, seeing as how I can be damned
>> paranoid about anything Redmond related, assumed it was an in-house
>> machine at M$, spewing its usual FUD & total missinfo. Possibly even
>> contaminated by satire.
>
>“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
>then you win.” Gandhi

Funny thing is, I have lived through Gandhi's time, and more or less followed
what he was doing cuz even then I thought it was right. But I don't recall
seeing that as being attributed to him until sigs on emails got popular, 8 or
10 years ago. Does anyone know when he said it?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 AM