Old 04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Ian Murray

Default VPN

>yes exactly that is what i need to do murrayei
>could you describe a little more

If 'B' in my previous description is a single machine, need not route and the A to C issue goes away.

My OpenVPN/Iptables skills are not strong enough to describe it in general terms and has been previously stated, you are better off going through the support channels of OpenVPN, rather than CentOS. If simple firewalling using Iptables is a new or a difficult concept, then you might want to get some hands-on help, as was also suggested.

To answer your original question, though, I wouldn't know where to start to solve restriction of "A to C" using Windows, whereas I am pretty sure you will have all the tools you need under CentOS/OpenVPN... for free.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

i mis understood sorry A B and C are companies not alone computers and they have client computers

Old 04-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Les Mikesell

cahit Eyigünlü wrote:
> Unfotunately i have to solve this based on software
> i need to isolate each company to protect their info from others
> i have 3 companies
> and last one thing i need to see each company's traffic statics for long
> time periods. and i need to be able to limit their traffics
> that is all ,
> but as i see on open vpn i could not group users.i have a cisco router
> which i could see the traffic of my servers external ip addresses so i
> decide to see them from there via giving each company one external ip to
> connect to internet .
> but i could not decide yet how to do it
> is there any body have an advice for me ?

I don't understand the role of a vpn here. Normally you would split address
ranges and use firewalling (iptables on linux, access control lists on a cisco)
on the interfaces where they connect. So your 3 companies would simply be split
into different subnets with routing between them blocked on the device where
they connect. A VPN is used if you need to connect things through a firewall
that would otherwise block it - you might use that for your administrative
access through the firewalls of for portions of companies in remote locations.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 04-10-2010, 06:44 PM
John R Pierce

cahit Eyigünlü wrote:
> yes exactly that is what i need to do murrayei
> could you describe a little more

you either need to learn wide area networking principles as well as the
ins and outs of VPN software, so you can solve these problems yourself,
or hire someone so qualified if you want specific solutions. over and
over again, you are asking this list to solve your business problems,
for which you are presumably being paid.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
cahit Eyigünlü

Thank you so much