-   -   CiscoVPN freezes F8 (x86-64) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/18067-ciscovpn-freezes-f8-x86-64-a.html)

"Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" 12-12-2007 01:12 PM

CiscoVPN freezes F8 (x86-64)

Hi all,

While on my i686 CiscoVPN-client works fine, on my x86-64 system it freezes
the whole system when trying to make a connection to the server.

I'm running Fedora 8 with the latest 2.6.23 kernel from updates. I tried
several versions 4.8.x of the Cisco-client.

Does anyone has a tip on getting a "working version" of the CiscoVPN-client.

Jouk

P.S. vpnc does not work for me since
-Outgoing internet seems still to come from the original host
-After 8.5 hours it fails. Probably due to rekeying at the server

JJ

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd

Boris Glawe 12-12-2007 06:29 PM

CiscoVPN freezes F8 (x86-64)

P.S. vpnc does not work for me since

-Outgoing internet seems still to come from the original host
-After 8.5 hours it fails. Probably due to rekeying at the server

JJ

Which version of vpnc do you use?
vpnc can rekey since version 0.4. In later version some issues
cerncering rekeying were fixed.

I'm successfully using the current subversion version of vpnc

svn co http://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk
cd trunk
make install

This bundle contains a skript, which converts cisco-vpn configuration
files into vpnc files!

Greets Boris

Srdan Tosovic 12-13-2007 10:28 PM

CiscoVPN freezes F8 (x86-64)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:12:49 +0100 (MET)
"Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" <joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While on my i686 CiscoVPN-client works fine, on my x86-64 system it
> freezes the whole system when trying to make a connection to the
> server.
>
> I'm running Fedora 8 with the latest 2.6.23 kernel from updates. I
> tried several versions 4.8.x of the Cisco-client.
>
> Does anyone has a tip on getting a "working version" of the
> CiscoVPN-client.

The version 4.8.00.0490-k9 works fine for me on F8 x86_64. I had to:
1) Apply the patch from
http://tuxx-home.at/projects/cisco-vpnclient/vpnclient-linux-2.6.22.diff
2) After compiling, fix the permissions of cvpnd:
chmod 4111 /opt/cisco-vpnclient/bin/cvpnd

Hope this helps,
Srdan