Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Terry Barnaby

Default F8: Problem with nfs mounts of bind mounted directories

Hi,

On my server I have a /data partition. In this partition I have a
directory /home with all of the users files.

The /data/home directory is mounted using the --bind option to
/home.

On a client system I can NFS mount /home and /data from the server.
However the clients /data directory ends up being actually a mount
of /home !
This worked fine under FC6.

There is a kernel message on the server:
mountd[4612]: /home and /data have same filehandle for *.kingnet, using
first

This seems like a bug to me ...

Terry