FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-12-2007, 01:54 AM
"zeeshan nadeem"
 
Default Hello Everyone.

Hi,

****** I have installed Fedora 7 recently on my laptop, but the wireless is not working. I tried something. Can anyone explain me the exact procedure for activating wireless network on my laptop. Thank You.


Have a nice day.

With Regards,
zeeshan.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Tim
 
Default Hello Everyone.

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 19:54 -0700, zeeshan nadeem wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 7 recently on my laptop, but the wireless is
> not working. I tried something. Can anyone explain me the exact
> procedure for activating wireless network on my laptop.

I installed FC7 on mine, and it just worked...

Exact procedures depend on your circumstances. You'll need to tell the
list more details. Probably what wireless hardware you have in your
laptop (sending the output from lspci and dmidecode can help), and
details about your wireless network (does it use encryption, which type,
etc.).

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

Using FC 4, 5, 6 & 7, plus CentOS 5. Today, it's FC7.

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-12-2007, 02:21 AM
"zeeshan nadeem"
 
Default Hello Everyone.

Hi Tim,

********* My Laptop has Dell Wireless LAN Card. My home network is using WPA-Personal (PSK) type of encrytion. Hope this helps.

Thank You.
zeeshan.

On Dec 11, 2007 8:02 PM, Tim <
ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 19:54 -0700, zeeshan nadeem wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 7 recently on my laptop, but the wireless is
> not working. I tried something. Can anyone explain me the exact

> procedure for activating wireless network on my laptop.

I installed FC7 on mine, and it just worked...

Exact procedures depend on your circumstances. *You'll need to tell the
list more details. *Probably what wireless hardware you have in your

laptop (sending the output from lspci and dmidecode can help), and
details about your wireless network (does it use encryption, which type,
etc.).

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386


Using FC 4, 5, 6 & 7, plus CentOS 5. *Today, it's FC7.

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.




--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-12-2007, 03:07 AM
"Jonathan Underwood"
 
Default Hello Everyone.

On 12/12/2007, zeeshan nadeem <zee003@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> My Laptop has Dell Wireless LAN Card. My home network is using
> WPA-Personal (PSK) type of encrytion. Hope this helps.
>

You need to find out what specific chipset is used on this "Dell
Wireless LAN Card". It is probably an intel chipset -
ipw2200/ipw3945/ipw4965 etc. Until you know that, it's difficult to
help.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 AM
"Jonathan Underwood"
 
Default Hello Everyone.

On 12/12/2007, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/2007, zeeshan nadeem <zee003@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > My Laptop has Dell Wireless LAN Card. My home network is using
> > WPA-Personal (PSK) type of encrytion. Hope this helps.
> >
>
> You need to find out what specific chipset is used on this "Dell
> Wireless LAN Card". It is probably an intel chipset -
> ipw2200/ipw3945/ipw4965 etc. Until you know that, it's difficult to
> help.
>

Um, sorry, i meant to say that the command /sbin/lspci -vv will
probably tell you this information.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default Hello Everyone.

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 20:21 -0700, zeeshan nadeem wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> My Laptop has Dell Wireless LAN Card. My home network is
> using WPA-Personal (PSK) type of encrytion. Hope this helps.
>
> Thank You
> zeeshan.
Well hopefully your NIC device driver module is loaded. Check lsmod and
lpci to see if that is true.
Make sure NetworkManager and NetworkDispatcher is working.
Then in the upper right corner of the upper panel you should see the
icon for the nm-applet. Left click on it and you will see the available
APs. Click on the one you want and enter any necessary passphrases and
may be the password for the gnome-keyring.

If any of these steps confuse you or cause trouble ask about it.
--
================================================== =====================
War is never imperative. -- McCoy, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Felipe Echeverría B
 
Default Hello Everyone.

Hello everyone.



I am Felipe from México City i am a graphic designer. I am 35 years
old and i have worked for some dot-com companies in the past. I am
an avid advocate of pinguins and since 1995 i am a Linux user.



I studied my professional licensed degree in graphic design at
Mexico City Universidad
Iberoamericana and my skils have been spread into several
cathegories: Web, packaging, typography, illustration, animation,
and all sorts of graphic magic. I personally enjoy signaling and
communication theory and fundamentals.



I have read the documents on the wiki page and i am starting the
process, so my next step is to read the CLA document and after that
i will take a look at the ticket spool and see where can i help.



I hope i can give back a little bit of what this community has given
to me.



Regards!



Felipe.



_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default Hello Everyone.

On 10/19/2010 07:42 AM, Felipe Echeverría B wrote:
> Hello everyone.

Hi Felipe!

> I am Felipe from México City i am a graphic designer. I am 35 years old
> and i have worked for some dot-com companies in the past. I am an avid
> advocate of pinguins and since 1995 i am a Linux user.
>
> I studied my professional licensed degree in graphic design at Mexico
> City Universidad Iberoamericana <http:%5C%5Cwww.uia.mx> and my skils
> have been spread into several cathegories: Web, packaging, typography,
> illustration, animation, and all sorts of graphic magic. I personally
> enjoy signaling and communication theory and fundamentals.

Do you have some works posted online? Which are your preferred tools?
Around here we use Inkscape and GIMP *a lot*, Scribus when needed and
Blender only from time to time, due to lack of experience.

> I have read the documents on the wiki page and i am starting the
> process, so my next step is to read the CLA document and after that i
> will take a look at the ticket spool and see where can i help.

Wonderful! Please ask for guidance if you need help with the task in the
ticket.

> I hope i can give back a little bit of what this community has given to me.


--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 AM
"Fabian A. Scherschel"
 
Default Hello Everyone.

Hi,�Felipe!

Welcome to the show. Always good to have professional designers around.
Hope you'll enjoy your time in the team.

Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Host & Producer, Sixgun Productions# Member, Fedora Design Team



2010/10/19 Felipe Echeverr�B <echeverria@gmail.com>








Hello everyone.



I am Felipe from M�co City i am a graphic designer. I am 35 years
old and i have worked for some dot-com companies in the past. I am
an avid advocate of pinguins and since 1995 i am a Linux user.



I studied my professional licensed degree in graphic design at
Mexico City Universidad
Iberoamericana and my skils have been spread into several
cathegories: Web, packaging, typography, illustration, animation,
and all sorts of graphic magic. I personally enjoy signaling and
communication theory and fundamentals.



I have read the documents on the wiki page and i am starting the
process, so my next step is to read the CLA document and after that
i will take a look at the ticket spool and see where can i help.



I hope i can give back a little bit of what this community has given
to me.



Regards!



Felipe.




_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team


_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Máirín Duffy
 
Default Hello Everyone.

Hi Felipe!

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 23:42 -0500, Felipe Echeverría B wrote:
> I am Felipe from México City i am a graphic designer. I am 35 years
> old and i have worked for some dot-com companies in the past. I am an
> avid advocate of pinguins and since 1995 i am a Linux user.

Yay! Welcome to the team!

We're having our weekly team meeting today, at UTC 1900 (should be 2 PM
México City time) on IRC, irc.freenode.net in #fedora-design. You're
quite welcome to come and join us and meet your new teammates

~m

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org