Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default USB cell-phone connection fails

Ric Moore wrote:
> I found this bit in /proc/bus/usb/devices:
>
> T: Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=02 Cnt=02 Dev#= 5 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
> D: Ver= 1.01 Cls=02(comm.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=16 #Cfgs= 1
> P: Vendor=04e8 ProdID=6601 Rev= 0.00
> S: Manufacturer=SAMSUNG Electronics Co.,Ltd.
> S: Product=SAMSUNG CDMA Technologies
> S: SerialNumber=
>
> lsusb gives this:
>
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 04e8:6601 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Z100
> Mobile Phone
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 09da:0006 A4 Tech Co., Ltd Optical Mouse WOP-35 /
> Trust 450L Optical Mouse
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 03f0:4c11 Hewlett-Packard
>
> So, the phone is recognized by USB services. But Wammu doesn't seem to
> find it. What /device should I be setting the program to look for
> manually? I see it's on port #2, what would that be? /dev/???
>
> If someone can make heads or tails from this info, I'd appreciate a
> reply. Thanks, Ric

It would probably help to give the complete block from
/proc/bus/usb/devices. The line(s) I am most interested is the one
that starts with I: and ends in Driver=<something>. If you get
Driver=none, then there probably will not be a device entry for it.

It would also help to see what is added to /var/log/messages when
you plug the phone in. That is usually where you find what device,
if any, is assigned to the USB device.

Mikkel