Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Karl Larsen

Default console work succeded

I am happy to say I wrote a file in /etc/security/console.perms.d/
which now has COM1 owned by ME! The file is named ttyS0.perms and has in it:

[karl@k5di ~]$ cat /etc/security/console.perms.d/ttyS0.perms
# this file should give /dev/ttyS0 proper priv's for me.
#device classes
<ttyS0>=/dev/ttyS0
# permission definitions
<console> 0600 <ttyS0> 0600 root.uucp
[karl@k5di ~]$

This all now works and I think with some work I can do this for almost
anything.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Teo Fonrouge

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 05:52:32 pm Karl Larsen wrote:
> I am happy to say I wrote a file in /etc/security/console.perms.d/
> which now has COM1 owned by ME! The file is named ttyS0.perms and has in
> it:
>
> [karl@k5di ~]$ cat /etc/security/console.perms.d/ttyS0.perms
> # this file should give /dev/ttyS0 proper priv's for me.
> #device classes
> <ttyS0>=/dev/ttyS0
> # permission definitions
> <console> 0600 <ttyS0> 0600 root.uucp
> [karl@k5di ~]$
>
> This all now works and I think with some work I can do this for almost
> anything.
>
> Karl

Cheers, this surely is a big milestone in your agenda.

The only annoying thing is:

"Why you have opened a NEW thread to say the big news ?"

If you keep feeding your original thread, is easy to some of us in this list
to block and ignore all the SPAM that you throw in it.

best regards,

Teo Fonrouge

Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Karl Larsen

Karl Larsen wrote:
I am happy to say I wrote a file in /etc/security/console.perms.d/
which now has COM1 owned by ME! The file is named ttyS0.perms and has
in it:

[karl@k5di ~]$ cat /etc/security/console.perms.d/ttyS0.perms
# this file should give /dev/ttyS0 proper priv's for me.
#device classes
<ttyS0>=/dev/ttyS0
# permission definitions
<console> 0600 <ttyS0> 0600 root.uucp
[karl@k5di ~]$

This all now works and I think with some work I can do this for almost
anything.

Karl

I tried it on F7 and it is exactly the same process. It is tricky
but very nice.

Karl