Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Pam.console and console.perms

The console devices will someday be just the ticket for replacing
all the problems we now have with things having root privledge at the
start but change to yours when you log in. I went to info console.perm
and Pam.console and it is not at all clear how you use it. So I wrote to
the author and hope he has time to write back.

There is nothing to fix. what we need is a line of code that placed
in console.perms.d will cause my console user perms to work with
/dev/ttyS0. It already works with /dev/dsp so things are looking up.

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Craig White

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 15:52 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> The console devices will someday be just the ticket for replacing
> all the problems we now have with things having root privledge at the
> start but change to yours when you log in. I went to info console.perm
> and Pam.console and it is not at all clear how you use it. So I wrote to
> the author and hope he has time to write back.
>
> There is nothing to fix. what we need is a line of code that placed
> in console.perms.d will cause my console user perms to work with
> /dev/ttyS0. It already works with /dev/dsp so things are looking up.
----
they have a tv show on television...What not to Wear

I think we need a best of here...

What not to Do...and here is our host

Craig