Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 PM
"Michael Schwendt"

Default Update problems!

On 11/12/2007, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

> > In a Fedora 7 system, look in your system here:
> >
> > /etc/pki/rpm-gpg
> >
> > In there you see keys supplied with the system:
> >
> > RPM-GPG-KEY RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide
> > RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test
> > RPM-GPG-KEY-beta RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
> > RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide
> >
> > You need to do
> >
> > rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> >
> > After that, the yum install will work.

> I have had about 100+ updates to F8 and this is the first time I
> have had this problem. I can do the
>
> rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
>
> and will see what happens. If it works I pass it along.
>
> Karl
>
> What I get is
>
> [root@k5di ~]# rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> error: RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora: import read failed(-1).

Read more slowly. All details are above. You are in the wrong directory.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Rick Stevens

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 14:49 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 11/12/2007, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:
> >
> > > In a Fedora 7 system, look in your system here:
> > >
> > > /etc/pki/rpm-gpg
> > >
> > > In there you see keys supplied with the system:
> > >
> > > RPM-GPG-KEY RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide
> > > RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test
> > > RPM-GPG-KEY-beta RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
> > > RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide
> > >
> > > You need to do
> > >
> > > rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> > >
> > > After that, the yum install will work.
>
> > I have had about 100+ updates to F8 and this is the first time I
> > have had this problem. I can do the
> >
> > rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> >
> > and will see what happens. If it works I pass it along.
> >
> > Karl
> >
> > What I get is
> >
> > [root@k5di ~]# rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> > error: RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora: import read failed(-1).
>
> Read more slowly. All details are above. You are in the wrong directory.

To wit, you should either switch to /etc/pki/rpm-gpg and import:

[root@k5di ~]# cd /etc/pki/rpm-gpg
[root@k5di rpm-gpg]# rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Or import while in any directory by specifying the path to the key:

[root@k5di ~]# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora