-   -   Ugh. Latest update prevents Gnome from coming up! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/17338-ugh-latest-update-prevents-gnome-coming-up.html)

"Daniel B. Thurman" 12-11-2007 06:21 PM

Ugh. Latest update prevents Gnome from coming up!

I clicked the Package Updates icon, updated the new updates, rebooted,
and my system comes up, however the X server shows the busy cursor
spinning forever but Gnome does not bring up the login page!

I can access Ctrl-Shift-F1 and log in.

What can I do at this point to restore whatever broke?

Help!!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.