Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Default raid1

This is of course a more recent installation.

I just found that in /etc/cron.daily there is a file with a script
(directory name changed for confidentiality)

cd /a/b/c/d
find . -name '*log*' -exec rm -f {} ;

So if there is no /a/b/c/d it will stay in whatever directory it is in
(probably root).* That is why like initlog, login_pam,so etc.
have been removed.* I just don't know why the stuff in cron.daily
ran in the afternoon when in /etc/crontabit is set to go at like
4:00 AM and this was installed much after 4:00 AM, so the
cron.daily really shouldn't have run until the next day.

Here is the output of the raid commands:

/dev/md0:
******* Version : 00.90.01
* Creation Time : Mon Dec* 3 11:12:48 2007
**** Raid Level : raid1
**** Array Size : 104320 (101.89 MiB 106.82 MB)
*** Device Size : 104320 (101.89 MiB 106.82 MB)
** Raid Devices : 2
* Total Devices : 2
Preferred Minor : 0
*** Persistence : Superblock is persistent

*** Update Time : Mon Dec 10 16:30:59 2007
********* State : clean
*Active Devices : 2
Working Devices : 2
*Failed Devices : 0
* Spare Devices : 0

********** UUID : 45d9ab4a:fc74db66:3a595fea:7e2afbdd
******** Events : 0.335920

*** Number** Major** Minor** RaidDevice State
****** 0****** 8******* 1******* 0***** active sync** /dev/sda1
****** 1****** 8****** 17******* 1***** active sync** /dev/sdb1

/dev/md1:
******* Version : 00.90.01
* Creation Time : Mon Dec 10 09:58:53 2007
**** Raid Level : raid1
**** Array Size : 69537280 (66.32 GiB 71.21 GB)
*** Device Size : 69537280 (66.32 GiB 71.21 GB)
** Raid Devices : 2
* Total Devices : 2
Preferred Minor : 1
*** Persistence : Superblock is persistent

*** Update Time : Tue Dec 11 06:36:51 2007
********* State : clean
*Active Devices : 2
Working Devices : 2
*Failed Devices : 0
* Spare Devices : 0

********** UUID : c44f476d:a1f38eb3:b74e1d2d:66efa904
******** Events : 0.21479

*** Number** Major** Minor** RaidDevice State
****** 0****** 8******* 2******* 0***** active sync** /dev/sda2
****** 1****** 8****** 18******* 1***** active sync** /dev/sdb2

Message: 5