Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
William John Murray

Default Evince ram usage

hello all,
Evince seems to be broken. Currently eating 2089Mb of ram on
my poor 1G+swap laptop, similar on my desktop. Different machines, one
x86_64, the other with i386. But the both have fglrx - maybe the problem
I suppose. But evince is the symptom, the rest runs fine.

Lots of errors:
cairo context error: NULL pointer

It was brought on by the same 600K PDF in both cases, but I have had
unresponsive evince for weeks now, probably since using F8. Acroread has
no such problems.

Any ideas anyone?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"

William John Murray wrote:

cairo context error: NULL pointer

It was brought on by the same 600K PDF in both cases, but I have had
unresponsive evince for weeks now, probably since using F8. Acroread has
no such problems.

Any ideas anyone?

File a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/, and attach the problem PDF to
the bug report.