Old 12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Yves Dorfsman

Default Can we rsync the packages ?

I have downloaded the DVD iso image, and copied it to a filesystem that I
export over NFS, so I can now build my machines with FC8 using kickstart
over NFS.

Now I would like to upgrade my Packages directory with the newer versions,
as well as get the extra packages. Is there a way to do that with rsync ?

Is one of the fedora project server (or a mirror) running an rsync daemon ?

What's the alternative for doing this ?

Thanks.

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman yves@zioup.com
http://www.SollerS.ca

Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 AM
"William Hooper"

On Dec 10, 2007 8:18 PM, Yves Dorfsman <yves@zioup.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Is one of the fedora project server (or a mirror) running an rsync daemon ?
[snip]

A number of the mirrors allow rsync. See
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/8/

--
William Hooper

Old 12-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Yves Dorfsman

Is one of the fedora project server (or a mirror) running an rsync daemon ?

A number of the mirrors allow rsync. See
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/8/

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much.

Yves.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
John Summerfield