Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Steve Searle

Default server can't probe the monitor (but this isn't the real problem)]

Around 12:36am on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 (UK time), Steve Strong scrawled:

> so, i can't use the GUI tool to change the firewall.
>
> can someone give me an iptables command line to allow access to port 53
> (so my clients can see their dns server) -- both tcp and udp

Add these to /etc/sysconfig/iptables (before the -j REJECT line)

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

Steve

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

00:42:19 up 72 days, 11:38, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.05

Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Rick Stevens

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 18:36 -0600, Steve Strong wrote:
> so, i can't use the GUI tool to change the firewall.
>
> can someone give me an iptables command line to allow access to port 53
> (so my clients can see their dns server) -- both tcp and udp

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

Make sure you insert those before the -j DROP or -j REJECT rule.