Old 12-10-2007, 07:59 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default What do you recommend for POP/IMAP?

In the previous versions of Fedora, I used dovecot and before
going ahead with that, I wanted to ask members here what
is recommended? Is there already a POP/IMAP server
provided with F8, if so what is it?

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
John Summerfield

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

In the previous versions of Fedora, I used dovecot and before
going ahead with that, I wanted to ask members here what
is recommended? Is there already a POP/IMAP server
provided with F8, if so what is it?

AFAIk dovecot is in every release of Fedora Core/Fedora that ever was. I
f8 box is down atm; is it not included?

I run RHEL-clone where stability matters, and dovecot is certainly part
of that.

If you've been happy with dovecot in the past, I know no reason not to
continue using it.

--

Cheers
John