-   -   It Works fine (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/16535-works-fine.html)

Karl Larsen 12-10-2007 06:45 PM

It Works fine

After so many problems seen day after day it is nice I think to hear
about a success.

F8 was installed from a DVD and came right up with a video problem cuzz
I have a Nvidia video card. Fixed in 5 minutes with Nvidia binary. Then
audio problems and found pulse audio the problem. I was told to yum
remove and I did and audio is fine again.

I have had all the updates and they appear to be real Updates! So
today December 10 2007 my F8 is working just fine. I have just one
problem. I seem to have a rootkit somewhere in the /home/karl/
directories. I have RTK and this afternoon I plan to find the thing, or
discover I have no rootkit but rather another kind of problem.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User