Old 12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Gene Heskett

Default last nights update of kde to 3.5.8

Greetings;

After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on screen
pointing to 'cervisia'

I have it, no idea how it got there as I don't have the tarball or the
unpacked sources, nor can an rpm search come up with it. I use smart for
most of my management, and its not in smarts package listings.

------------paste from shell
[root@coyote src]# yum whatprovides cervisia
Setting up repositories
adobe-linux 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
atrpms 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
kde 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
macromedia 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB 00:00
kde-all 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum-testing/yum/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:31:02 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_python/2.7.8 Python/1.5.2
mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
Last-Modified: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:22:43 GMT
ETag: "18a4002-1b9-3ec831e3;46e5a34d"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: rt-testing
[root@coyote src]# yum remove cervisia
Setting up Remove Process
No Match for argument: cervisia
No Packages marked for removal
---------
So what package is it part of, and how to I cleanly get rid of it since I've
never used it?

Thanks

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Rex Dieter

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on
> screen pointing to 'cervisia'

cervisia is contained within kdesdk.

What was the exact error?

-- Rex

Old 12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Craig White

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:51 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on screen
> pointing to 'cervisia'
>
> I have it, no idea how it got there as I don't have the tarball or the
> unpacked sources, nor can an rpm search come up with it. I use smart for
> most of my management, and its not in smarts package listings.
>
> ------------paste from shell
> [root@coyote src]# yum whatprovides cervisia
> Setting up repositories
> adobe-linux 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
> atrpms 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
> kde 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
> macromedia 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB 00:00
> kde-all 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum-testing/yum/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:31:02 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_python/2.7.8 Python/1.5.2
> mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
> Last-Modified: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:22:43 GMT
> ETag: "18a4002-1b9-3ec831e3;46e5a34d"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: rt-testing
> [root@coyote src]# yum remove cervisia
> Setting up Remove Process
> No Match for argument: cervisia
> No Packages marked for removal
> ---------
> So what package is it part of, and how to I cleanly get rid of it since I've
> never used it?
----
think...you should be able to solve something like this.

rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/cervisia

yum remove kdesdk

Craig

Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Gene Heskett

On Monday 10 December 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
>> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on
>> screen pointing to 'cervisia'
>
>cervisia is contained within kdesdk.
>
>What was the exact error?
>
>-- Rex

It would simplicate the heck out of things if the error window could be
copy/pasted from, but lets see if I can do it by hand. I'm redoing it now.

The first line is:

"/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common/1.png conflicts with attempted installs of
kdelibs-3.5.8-1.fc6 and kdesdk-3.5.8-1.fc6"

then repeats for all the other stuff in the HTML/en tree, and in
the /usr/share/config tree plus some of the perl tree at the end. The list
is about 4 or 5 feet high on my screen in 9 pt type.

I'll remove kdesdk and try it again. I haven't had a working dock since
kde-3.5.7, hopefully this will fix it.

Nope, now I have squawks about the old kdesettings-3.5-18, which appears to
indicate that all that stuff has been moved into kdebase. About a dozen show
stoppers there, finishing up with one about kdebindings vs
kdebindings-dcopperl. Those 2 I can nuke also, but does that kill all my
configs? I guess I'll find out, here goes nothing.

Looks to be done, slow though. I'll send this & restart x & see what I've got
left.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Gene Heskett

On Monday 10 December 2007, Craig White wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:51 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> After downloading it all, about half an hour on my dsl connection, it
>> upchucked all over itself, with ever dependency bitch being shown on
>> screen pointing to 'cervisia'
>>
>> I have it, no idea how it got there as I don't have the tarball or the
>> unpacked sources, nor can an rpm search come up with it. I use smart for
>> most of my management, and its not in smarts package listings.
>>
>> ------------paste from shell
>> [root@coyote src]# yum whatprovides cervisia
>> Setting up repositories
>> adobe-linux 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
>> atrpms 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
>> kde 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
>> macromedia 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB 00:00
>> kde-all 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
>> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum-testing/yum/repodata/r
>>epomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:31:02 GMT
>> Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_python/2.7.8
>> Python/1.5.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
>> Last-Modified: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:22:43 GMT
>> ETag: "18a4002-1b9-3ec831e3;46e5a34d"
>> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>>
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: rt-testing
>> [root@coyote src]# yum remove cervisia
>> Setting up Remove Process
>> No Match for argument: cervisia
>> No Packages marked for removal
>> ---------
>> So what package is it part of, and how to I cleanly get rid of it since
>> I've never used it?
>
>----
>think...you should be able to solve something like this.
>
>rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/cervisia

Without the /usr/bin/ in front of it, it didn't work. I didn't realize it
is /path/to/executable sensitive.

>yum remove kdesdk

I did, along with kde-settings and kde-dcopperl, and it looks as it it all
working now, including the dock we haven't had for about 6 months. Nice.

But the deps were not all worked out, and caught me a bit by surprise.

I have NDI if I could now re-install what I took out.

Thanks Craig.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)