Old 11-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Can't yum ksnapshot -

I have ksnapshot installed in this F7 computer and have been configuring
another F8 box to look like it but I can't find where I got ksnapshot
from? Yum whatprovides just says "No matches found."

Perhaps it's not available for F8?

Does anyone know where I need to look?

I don't run KDE or Gnome, use it under XFCE.

Bob Goodwin

Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Rick Stevens

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 15:38 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have ksnapshot installed in this F7 computer and have been configuring
> another F8 box to look like it but I can't find where I got ksnapshot
> from? Yum whatprovides just says "No matches found."
>
> Perhaps it's not available for F8?
>
> Does anyone know where I need to look?
>
> I don't run KDE or Gnome, use it under XFCE.

yum -y install kdegraphics

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Rex Dieter

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I have ksnapshot installed in this F7 computer and have been configuring
> another F8 box to look like it but I can't find where I got ksnapshot
> from? Yum whatprovides just says "No matches found."
>
> Perhaps it's not available for F8?

yum install kdegraphics
or
yum install /usr/bin/ksnapshot
or
yum search ksnapshot

all work to help find/install it.

-- Rex

Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Nigel Henry

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 21:38, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have ksnapshot installed in this F7 computer and have been configuring
> another F8 box to look like it but I can't find where I got ksnapshot
> from? Yum whatprovides just says "No matches found."
>
> Perhaps it's not available for F8?
>
> Does anyone know where I need to look?
>
> I don't run KDE or Gnome, use it under XFCE.
>
> Bob Goodwin

Hi Bob. According to the link below Ksnapshot is in the kdegraphics package,
so I presume on Fedora 7 you had some KDE stuff installed, even though you
wern't using KDE.

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdegraphics/

Nigel.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Bob Goodwin

Nigel Henry wrote:

Hi Bob. According to the link below Ksnapshot is in the kdegraphics package,
so I presume on Fedora 7 you had some KDE stuff installed, even though you
wern't using KDE.

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdegraphics/

Nigel.

Thanks to all who responded.

Kdegraphics is what contains it, a 30 meg download to get one simple
function! I don't remember doing that before but I may have ...

Anyway it's a convenience at times.

Bob Goodwin