Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Gnome: Changing the desktop icon to size?

Yeah, I got an old system with 1024x768 screen resolution (remember those?)
and I would like to change the default desktop icon size to a smaller size since
those icons looks rather large. The older fedora releases (FC4?) allowed me to
do that but with F8 Themes idea - I could not find where I can change the default
icon properties - anyway - can someone tell me where I can do it?

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

On 09/12/2007, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I got an old system with 1024x768 screen resolution (remember those?)
> and I would like to change the default desktop icon size to a smaller size since
> those icons looks rather large. The older fedora releases (FC4?) allowed me to
> do that but with F8 Themes idea - I could not find where I can change the default
> icon properties - anyway - can someone tell me where I can do it?

Open a Nautilus window, then Edit->Preferences and change the Default
Zoom Level under "Icon View Defaults" to something lower.