Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Beartooth

Default F8 display misbehaving

1916 The display on my main F8 machine looked a little odd; so I went
to Main Menu > System > Administration > Display ; gave the root
password ; found it set to the next bigger monitor than my Acer AL1916,
which is 1280x1024 -- despite the fact that Fedora on that machine (but
not my others) does recognize the monitor. (The others, behind the same
KVM switch -- all installed with peripherals connected directly, *not*
behind the switch -- don't even list it, and have to be set for generic
LCD 1280x1024.)

Then I logged out and back in.

The display still looks odd, though in a different way.

But it won't let me tinker. I get as far as giving the root
password, but the system-config-display GUI, or whatever it is, never
launches!