Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
michiel

Default f7 kernel 2.6.23.8-34.fc7 won't boot

Hangs at mounting root /dev fsroot sysroot unkown option relatime. Can't remember correct cause it's not logged.
Somewhere after init scsi and before initab (interactive setup)

Ideas? I tried noatime in fstab without any luck, 2.6.23.1 boots fine.

thnx,
Michiel

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
"Jorge Boscan Etura"

Hi

boot with the working kernel 2.6.23.1, remove latest one, change
relatime to defaults in fstab, reinstall the latest kernel, the
problem is at pivot-root in the intrd image

good luck

2007/12/9, michiel <m.karsch@gmail.com>:
> Hangs at mounting root /dev fsroot sysroot unkown option relatime. Can't remember correct cause it's not logged.
> Somewhere after init scsi and before initab (interactive setup)
>
> Ideas? I tried noatime in fstab without any luck, 2.6.23.1 boots fine.
>
> thnx,
> Michiel

[Jorge J. Boscán Etura]
quando omni flunkus moritatus

Old 12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
michiel

Jorge Boscan Etura wrote:

Hi

boot with the working kernel 2.6.23.1, remove latest one, change
relatime to defaults in fstab, reinstall the latest kernel, the
problem is at pivot-root in the intrd image

good luck

Works! Thnx for the accurate description. This is the first time I hear of a pivot-root. If only you could solve my kino
seg-fault in the new juju stack

thnx

Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
"Jorge Boscan Etura"

I´m glad it worker, it had to work because it happened to me, and for
the sig 11 in kino
that's got to be a bug try with another version.