Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Anne Wilson

Default More questions - OFF-LIST answers, please

Thanks, everyone who has answered my original questions - and if you still
haven't, please do.

The team have asked if I can get more information, so that they can adequately
classify users and answers. Before I give you the questions, though, can I
say that my original post implied that I was only interested in KDE users.
That's not so. We're interested in the view of everyone who is using or has
used kickoff.

In order to make the answers more complete, we'd also like to know if your
wife/girlfriend/mother/grandmother/son/daughter has any experience of
kickoff, answering the same questions as before.

The additional information we'd like for each user is

What is your profession?

What is your technical proficiency level?

Which of the following age-bands do you fit into?

5-25 25-50 50+

Thank you once again for your help. The results are proving most interesting.

Anne

Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, everyone who has answered my original questions - and if you still
> haven't, please do.
>
> The team have asked if I can get more information, so that they can adequately
> classify users and answers. Before I give you the questions, though, can I
> say that my original post implied that I was only interested in KDE users.
> That's not so. We're interested in the view of everyone who is using or has
> used kickoff.
>
> In order to make the answers more complete, we'd also like to know if your
> wife/girlfriend/mother/grandmother/son/daughter has any experience of
> kickoff, answering the same questions as before.
>
> The additional information we'd like for each user is
>
> What is your profession?

University professor (retired)

> What is your technical proficiency level?

30 years experience in Unix/Linux. Reasonable proficiency with KDE.

> Which of the following age-bands do you fit into?
>
> 5-25 25-50 50+

50+

poc

Old 08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
dexter

On Sat August 30 2008 19:12:17 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Thanks, everyone who has answered my original questions - and if you still
> haven't, please do.
>
> The team have asked if I can get more information, so that they can
> adequately classify users and answers. Before I give you the questions,
> though, can I say that my original post implied that I was only interested
> in KDE users. That's not so. We're interested in the view of everyone who
> is using or has used kickoff.
>
> In order to make the answers more complete, we'd also like to know if your
> wife/girlfriend/mother/grandmother/son/daughter has any experience of
> kickoff, answering the same questions as before.
>
> The additional information we'd like for each user is
>
> What is your profession?
>
> What is your technical proficiency level?
>
> Which of the following age-bands do you fit into?
>
> 5-25 25-50 50+
>
> Thank you once again for your help. The results are proving most
> interesting.

Oops, That's just crossed my "Don't leak personal shiznit online/3rd-parties
without some official looking privacy statement" I can't proceed any further.

...dex

Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 31 August 2008 20:00:20 dexter wrote:
> On Sat August 30 2008 19:12:17 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Thanks, everyone who has answered my original questions - and if you
> > still haven't, please do.
> >
> > The team have asked if I can get more information, so that they can
> > adequately classify users and answers. Before I give you the questions,
> > though, can I say that my original post implied that I was only
> > interested in KDE users. That's not so. We're interested in the view of
> > everyone who is using or has used kickoff.
> >
> > In order to make the answers more complete, we'd also like to know if
> > your wife/girlfriend/mother/grandmother/son/daughter has any experience
> > of kickoff, answering the same questions as before.
> >
> > The additional information we'd like for each user is
> >
> > What is your profession?
> >
> > What is your technical proficiency level?
> >
> > Which of the following age-bands do you fit into?
> >
> > 5-25 25-50 50+
> >
> > Thank you once again for your help. The results are proving most
> > interesting.
>
> Oops, That's just crossed my "Don't leak personal shiznit
> online/3rd-parties without some official looking privacy statement" I can't
> proceed any further.
>

> ...dex

Entirely your choice, Dex. The details I pass back will not include your
name. The questions are designed to try to discover whether certain working
patterns are related to whether you are a computer professional, whether you
have a problem-solving profession, or maybe certain patterns fit certain age
groups.

I don't expect that everyone who answered the first set of questions will also
answer these, but the more that do answer, the better picture we will have of
who the KDE users are, and what their needs and expectations are.

Regards

Anne

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Anne Wilson

So that those who do not read the lists over the weekend are not excluded, I'm
keeping this poll open another 24 hours.

We've had some valuable answers so far. Please do keep them coming.

Anne

> Thanks, everyone who has answered my original questions - and if you still
> haven't, please do.
>
> The team have asked if I can get more information, so that they can
adequately
> classify users and answers. Before I give you the questions, though, can I
> say that my original post implied that I was only interested in KDE users.
> That's not so. We're interested in the view of everyone who is using or has
> used kickoff.
>
> In order to make the answers more complete, we'd also like to know if your
> wife/girlfriend/mother/grandmother/son/daughter has any experience of
> kickoff, answering the same questions as before.
>
> The additional information we'd like for each user is
>
> What is your profession?

University professor (retired)

> What is your technical proficiency level?

30 years experience in Unix/Linux. Reasonable proficiency with KDE.

> Which of the following age-bands do you fit into?
>
> 5-25 25-50 50+

50+

poc

Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Anne Wilson

On Monday 01 September 2008 19:09:18 Anne Wilson wrote:
> So that those who do not read the lists over the weekend are not excluded,
> I'm keeping this poll open another 24 hours.
>
> We've had some valuable answers so far. Please do keep them coming.

Sorry - I didn't expect the whole thread to be forwarded

Anne