Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
"Dan Track"

Default How find my process id for my shell

Hi

I'm logged in at the moment, how do I find my process id for the shell
I'm in, given that there are loads of other shells aswell. I'm using
bash?

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
"Waleed Harbi"

ps aux | grep -i dan.track

dan.track = user name

Old 08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Ed Greshko

Dan Track wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm logged in at the moment, how do I find my process id for the shell
> I'm in, given that there are loads of other shells aswell. I'm using
> bash?

For a bash shell....

echo $$

Ed

Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
"Dan Track"

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:
> Dan Track wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm logged in at the moment, how do I find my process id for the shell
>> I'm in, given that there are loads of other shells aswell. I'm using
>> bash?
>>

> For a bash shell....
>
> echo $$
>
> Ed