Old 08-28-2008, 06:43 PM
"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"

Default f9 iommu

I'm trying to bring up F9 on an Asus M3A78-T (a relatively new AMD
Phenom-x4 capable board). Going through /var/log/messages I see that
the kernel doesn't think the BIOS enabled the IOMMU and gripes about
it.

Googleing a bit found me a magic parameter to add to grub.conf,
"iommu=memaper=4". That gets me a new error message preceding the
former: "kernel: Aperture pointing to e820 RAM. Ignoring.". I do have
over 4g of dram, so having a bounce-buffer sounds important, but I'm
plumb out of ideas. Is there a slower fallback the kernel is using
(like purely software moves???) for systems that don't have a working
IOMMU?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.full-steam.org/ (ipv6-only)
You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.