Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
""G""

Default Making my linux Kernel Module start during bootup

Hi

I am using Fedora 6 and would like to know how to make my kernel
module load during bootup.

Cheers,
Balaji

Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:25:55 +0530
balajig81@gmail.com (""G"") wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using Fedora 6 and would like to know how to make my kernel
> module load during bootup.

First of all, note that Fedora Core 6 is end of life and no longer
supported. You will get no security (or any other) updates for it.
You should look into upgrading to a supported release.

Kernel modules should detect their own hardware and load automagically
on boot, but in the event they do not, you can make a small script
in /etc/sysconfig/modules/ that loads them...ie:

--cut--
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/modprobe foobar
--cut--