Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Rex Dieter

Default Amarok, Songbird, and other similar players...

Dan Thurman wrote:

> This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
> countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
> overwritten, or so it seems.
>
> From what I can tell, it *seems* to me that these players
> might be using their own "database" to write over the tags
> because no matter what I try via EasyTag,

Can't speak for the others, but afaik, amarok does not keep tags internally,
but only reads tags directly from the media files via taglib.

-- Rex

Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM
"Bill Crawford"

On 27/08/2008, Dan Thurman <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:

> This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
> countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
> overwritten, or so it seems.

I'd suggest making sure that you write both "v1" and "v2" tags; and at
a pinch, try "rebuild collection" in Amarok, just to see if you do
have "old" tags cached as part of the playlist itself (if you have a
saved playlist, rather than the "dynamic" collection playlist).

Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Anne Wilson

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 16:39:23 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Dan Thurman wrote:
> > This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
> > countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
> > overwritten, or so it seems.
> >
> > From what I can tell, it *seems* to me that these players
> > might be using their own "database" to write over the tags
> > because no matter what I try via EasyTag,
>
> Can't speak for the others, but afaik, amarok does not keep tags
> internally, but only reads tags directly from the media files via taglib.

Can't speak for amarok2, but in amarok1 I have have many folders with music
that I have imported from vinyl, therefore having no native tags. I have
entered the information on amarok and it has saved it, accessing it in future
with no problems. I didn't use any tool, just manually entered the static
info for the album, then individual track info. It must be stored in a db
somewhere. HTH

Anne

Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Rick Stevens

Dan Thurman wrote:

This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
overwritten, or so it seems.

From what I can tell, it *seems* to me that these players
might be using their own "database" to write over the tags
because no matter what I try via EasyTag,

Can't speak for the others, but afaik, amarok does not keep tags
internally, but only reads tags directly from the media files via taglib.

Can't speak for amarok2, but in amarok1 I have have many folders with music
that I have imported from vinyl, therefore having no native tags. I have
entered the information on amarok and it has saved it, accessing it in future
with no problems. I didn't use any tool, just manually entered the static
info for the album, then individual track info. It must be stored in a db
somewhere. HTH

I believe "~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db" is the spot.