Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
"Gianluca Cecchi"

Default accessing kickstart floppy files during install

Is it possible?
I'm using a dvd based installation, using an ext2 kickstart floppy, where I type

linux ks=floppy

during install

The installation proceeds and completes.
I would like to put some customization scripts inside the floppy and copy them to the system during install.

They would be used on the target system after installation and they require user input to complete, that can be different across installations.
I have no network connectivity during install.
Any hints on how the floppy is mounted when anaconda copies the ks.cfg file to hard disk and if it is accessible during install in %pre or %post phase?

It seems that it is suddenly unmounted...

I could try to detect which device name it is the floppy and then manually mount it during the %post section, but perhaps there is a smarter way...

Thanks,
Gianluca

Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Mogens Kjaer

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> I would like to put some customization scripts inside the floppy and copy
> them to the system during install.

Instead of doing a:

cp /mnt/floppy/script1 /usr/local/bin

you can make the %post section create the scripts like:

cat >/usr/local/bin/script1 <<EOF
#!/bin/bash
EOF

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk