Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 AM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Default Synchronize PalmOS device with kdepim4

People,

Is there a way to sync KDE4 PIM data with a PalmOS device?

[]'s
Marcelo

Old 08-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Kevin Kofler

Marcelo Magno T. Sales <mmtsales <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a way to sync KDE4 PIM data with a PalmOS device?

This question would have been better suited for the fedora-test-list, as kdepim
4 is not and will not be released as an official update for Fedora 9, it is
only available from kde-redhat unstable and Rawhide.

Unfortunately, KPilot is not included in kdepim 4.1, it is expected to return
in 4.2. What you can do in the meantime:
* use the kdepim-3.5.9 package (soon to be 3.5.10) from Fedora 9, which
includes KPilot,
* if you know what you're doing, you can try extracting KPilot and the
libraries it depends on from kdepim-3.5.9,
* try using KitchenSync instead, it's based on libopensync which also has a
pilot-link plugin (which you may have to install, it's called
libopensync-plugin-palm),
* try building kdepim and its dependencies (at least akonadi, kdelibs and
kdepimlibs) from KDE trunk (4.2 pre-alpha, not recommended!).

I'm afraid (AFAIK) none of us KDE maintainers owns a PalmOS device, so all I
can say is YMMV.

Kevin Kofler

Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 AM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Kevin,

Em Ter 26 Ago 2008, Kevin Kofler escreveu:
> Marcelo Magno T. Sales <mmtsales <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Is there a way to sync KDE4 PIM data with a PalmOS device?
>
> This question would have been better suited for the fedora-test-list,
> as kdepim 4 is not and will not be released as an official update for
> Fedora 9, it is only available from kde-redhat unstable and Rawhide.

You're right. I've been using kdepim4 for some time now (from kde-redhat
unstable) and had forgotten completely that it was not part of F9.

> Unfortunately, KPilot is not included in kdepim 4.1, it is expected
> to return in 4.2. What you can do in the meantime:
> * use the kdepim-3.5.9 package (soon to be 3.5.10) from Fedora 9,
> which includes KPilot,
> * if you know what you're doing, you can try extracting KPilot and
> the libraries it depends on from kdepim-3.5.9,
> * try using KitchenSync instead, it's based on libopensync which also
> has a pilot-link plugin (which you may have to install, it's called
> libopensync-plugin-palm),
> * try building kdepim and its dependencies (at least akonadi, kdelibs
> and kdepimlibs) from KDE trunk (4.2 pre-alpha, not recommended!).

Thanks, I'll try some of these suggestions.

[]'s
Marcelo