Old 08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
"Sanjay S Nair"

Default No GD in Fedora 9

HI

I am trying to use gd for some project in php. But i found that the gd is not installed. So downloaded the gd library manually and installed the source. but still the phpinfo() showing there is no GD installed.

Where is the probelm in this.

And I can't use the yum because of some error "Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: dag. Please verify its path and try again"

Thanks

Old 08-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Mogens Kjaer

Sanjay S Nair wrote:
> And I can't use the yum because of some error "Error: Cannot retrieve
> repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: dag. Please verify its path
> and try again"

And why don't you disable the dag repository temporarily as I suggested?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Michael Fleming

Sanjay S Nair wrote:

HI

I am trying to use gd for some project in php. But i found that the gd
is not installed. So downloaded the gd library manually and installed
the source. but still the phpinfo() showing there is no GD installed.

Where is the probelm in this.

Rather than install from source, I'd suggest installing the php-gd
package (yum install php-gd, it's in the main repositories) and
restarting Apache

And I can't use the yum because of some error "Error: Cannot retrieve
repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: dag. Please verify its
path and try again"

Temporarily disable the repository by passing "--disablerepo=dag" to
yum's command line invocation (eg in the above example: yum
--disablerepo=dag install php-gd")

Thanks

Michael.